Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Okay, so I fully acknowledge that I am a Halloween FREAK! But hey, the first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem right? Well, everybody who knows me knows that Halloween is my favorite holiday. Now, I'm not into the gory, over the top scary stuff. I'm more of a cute, pumpkin decor person. I love Halloween for the following reasons:
1. In Arizona it is the start of beautiful weather.
2. For the most part it is a laid back holiday. There's not the craziness/ hectic schedule that you get with the holidays.
3. I love carving Jack-O-Lanterns, and I'm actually pretty good at it- I've even won a contest or two or three.
4. The "It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown" Halloween special
5. I love planning out our costumes for the ward trunk or treat.
6. I think it's the only holiday where you can have your door open and make friends with complete strangers all night long.
7. Who can't love a holiday where people pass out chocolate and candy for free?

So now get ready for my Halloween montage:

I loved my pink tights :)






So we went as the whole Scooby Doo gang. I have to give it to Lincoln. Not many husbands would go along with this. However, he did start shaking his head a little as I tied his orange ascot on him- he said, "AS.. What?" Anyways, love you Linc :) Also, a special thanks to our neighbor Michelle who does photography. Their family came to the trunk or treat with us and she came over a few minutes before and took pictures of us.

My Jack-O-Lantern


Scooby Doo meets Mr. Transformer. Because it was Sunday, we didn't take Lane out, but just dressed him up in his costume to greet the other children.


This year I decided to do luminaries- like I said, I'm a Halloween FREAK


Lane's trick-or-treat bag. The eyes of the jack o lantern light up- How awesome is that?



Our Halloween spread: Hot cocoa, halloween cookies, spinach artichoke dip, apple slices with caramel toffee dip- YUMMMM!

5 comments:

Sparks Fam said...

fun costumes, you guys looked great!

perkiwindy said...

I love halloween too! Although this year was a little slow since I have been cooking baby #4 AND baby #5....We need to get together sometime soon!

Bert and Benton said...

You guys look awesome! and your jack-o-lantern is Amazing! Halloween is the greatest!

oh, here is my blog come by anytime, so fun seeing you at the reunion!!

http://bbclife.blogspot.com

CJ said...

That's the spirit, Anna.....you gotta "go hard or go home" with these things.

Everyone has been 'skimping' on holidays lately. Heck, with our government creating mass amounts of debt to pass to our children, I don't want that to be the ONLY thing they learn from us.

Holidays..."go hard or go home!"

The Riding Family said...

You guys are so cute! Anna, how did you do your luminaries so they looked orange? Did you do them the old fashioned way with sand and tea lights? Wish I could've enjoyed some of that apple dip and hot cocoa! love ya

About Me

Lincoln and I have been married for 9 years. We both grew up in Arizona. We are currently living in Surprise, AZ and are both RNs. I work in an ICU department and LOVE it! We have one little 2-year-old boy that makes us so happy, and are hoping for more little ones soon.